Terms and conditions
Address: Watling Reclamation, Cuttle Mill, Watling Street (A5), Towcester, Northants. NN12 6LF
General Terms & Conditions of sale
1. Product Description: All quoted sizes are approximate to a reasonable degree of accuracy. If the size or condition is critical then state this before purchasing. We are always happy to help with customer queries to ensure that you purchase exactly what you need.
2. Product Condition: Please be aware that our stock is mainly comprised of reclaimed materials. We take the very best of care to ensure that we only supply quality material; however items will bear the wear and marks of their prior use and age. We are more than happy to supply photographs and further information if required. Any substantial wear or damage to an item sold will be considered for return or exchange on a case-by-case discretionary basis.
3. Re-useable items: Radiators and other items such as sinks and chimney pots are not pressure tested prior to selling. Whilst we aim to sell these on condition that they are re-usable, any purchase is made at the client's risk and can only be returned at the discretion of the Company.
4. Made to measure items: Bespoke items such as made to measure planters, pier caps, stone furniture and stone carving are non-refundable. Payment for this service must be made in advance once designs have been agreed. Goods such as these will only be refunded should they be made outside of agreed plans.
5. Payment: We accept credit or debit cards; BACS transfer; bankers draft; cash on collection; cheques. For further details please contact our office. Payments can be taken over the telephone; however, the cardholder/signatory must be present at pickup and you must be able to provide your billing address. We do not accept American Express. Payment must be made prior to delivery of goods unless agreed by the Company.
6. Returns Policy: The return of non-faulty goods is at the discretion of the Company. We will consider returns on the basis that the goods are in the same condition of which they were sold, and that they are still fit for purpose. The cost of any additional works carried out on the purchased item at the Customer’s request (i.e. painting, sandblasting), prior to delivery are non-refundable, unless found to be faulty. Upon the return of the goods, in the aforementioned condition, a refund will be given within 30 days subject to a 20% restocking charge. Transport for return can be arranged by the Company at an additional cost. Refunds will be issued by the original payment method, to the value of the item printed on the receipt.
8. All goods sold are subject to VAT as required by UK Law and we will not deviate from this under any circumstance. We will produce a full VAT receipt with every transaction.
9. Non-stocked items: We have a large network of trusted suppliers and are able to source items on request. We will verify the quality and condition of these items to the best of our ability however we cannot always guarantee their standard. In most cases we will receive the goods into our yard for quality control. Should we deliver direct from supplier to site our general terms and conditions of sale apply, although we are unable to accept liability for any inconvenience or costs incurred should the supplier deliver the items incorrectly. Any complaints will be considered on a case-by-case basis. We will always aim to resolve any issues as quickly as possible; however we cannot guarantee the outcome.
10. Should we be required to purchase goods in advance of a specific order we will specify terms of return and exchange in accordance to the level of cost or risk to the company. High volume purchases will be made after payment is received for the order and may be subject to a stock exchange or credit note return option only.
11. We do not have a facility to take deposits on items and are unable to reserve goods for more than a period of 24 hours. Should an item be paid for we are able to offer a storage option for up to 6 weeks free of charge. Any charges in excess of this period of time will be agreed by the client and company on a case-by-case basis.
Purchasing Terms & Conditions
1. The amount we can offer will depend on current market rates and conditions. We will generally be able to offer better rates should you be able to deliver to our yard.
2. We may be able to arrange collection of your items however the cost of this will be factored into any offer we may make.
3. Criteria for collection of goods is based on access for goods vehicles, where the items are positioned on the property, labour requirements, the amount of time required to load the goods, forklift availability, items being palletised and the quantity of the goods.
4. We do not offer waste collection services and are not obliged to collect items requiring disposal.
5. All offers we make are conditional and will only be finalised once we have physically viewed the items.
6. Offers are made in principal however we are not always able to determine the true value / condition of items until they are seen and inspected fully. We reserve the right to decline / retract any offer upon physical inspection.
7. We will provide you with a Purchase Order and will generally make payments via BACS within 3 - 5 working days. We do offer cash on collection / delivery subject to our discretion.
8. In the event that we decline your offer, we will keep your details on record and may make an offer in the future should our position change.
9. We reserve the right to ask for proof of ID of any private seller, and also to ask for proof of ownership.
10. We reserve the right to retract from any deal at any time should we feel that conditions, or our circumstances, have changed.
Delivery / Haulage Terms & Conditions
1. Deliveries will generally be made on 18 tonne vehicles; you must be sure that these vehicles can gain access to the delivery point and have room to manoeuvre. We also operate Artic vehicles and Rigid vehicles with mobile forklifts, subject to the nature of the goods being delivered. The use of any vehicle will be stated / agreed prior to the delivery being booked.
2. As standard all deliveries will be kerb side, meaning goods will be left on the kerb if suitable.
3. All goods will be delivered on pallets, so deliveries can only be made where pallet trucks can operate.
4. Goods cannot be dropped on to grass, gravel or any other loose surface.
5. Where possible the delivery driver will try to position the pallets or goods in a preferred location, if access is available we can bring this on to your property as close as is safe. This is at the discretion of the driver and only with authorisation of the client.
6. Drivers are not permitted to enter the property through gates or take pallets into a garage.
7. We will not accept liability for any damage to property where a customer has requested the vehicle or pallet truck to access to property. This includes (and is not limited to); Grass, Driveways, Manholes, Verges & Paving.
8. The use of mobile forklifts on site is strictly at the discretion of the driver, subject to the hauliers' risk assessment and health & safety policy. The driver reserves the right to decline use of the mobile forklift if deemed unsafe to do so, such as in adverse weather conditions or if there is no suitable banksman option.
9. Delivery charges are non-refundable. Should we be unable to gain access we reserve the right to withhold the delivery, subject to the potential of a further delivery charge.
10. All goods delivered must be signed for, to verify receipt and condition. We will not be able to make delivery to an unoccupied site unless this has been agreed with the client prior to the delivery taking place.
11. Deliveries are made between 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday. We operate a next day delivery service should your order be placed before 2.30pm. You will generally be contacted on the morning of your delivery with a more specific timeslot.
12. Saturday deliveries and specific time slots are available on request and are subject to an additional charge.
13. We are able to re-schedule deliveries should there be a failure on the part of the Company, the Haulier or the client. Any re-charge for this will be made at the discretion of the Company based on the nature of the failure.